Thursday, November 20, 2008

I r published ;D

So here it is. My design for Ursula (or rather Jewel...) has been published in Sketch Magazine issue # 34.




In my intro to Illustration class we got an assignment to design a character created by Bill Nichols. The character is a college student who's name is Ursula and she fights zombies...... So this is what I came up with. However, Bill Nichols thought my design fit Ursula's exotic Asian friend better.

Overall I'm not too crazy about the piece, but it got published along with five other fellow students so I'm not complaining. ;D
If you read the paragraph on the first page by my professor you can notice that they put a detail of my piece instead of my professor's by accident. Sorry Barker!

Here is the original image since the scan in the magazine didn't come out too great.


Done in Photoshop CS3

No comments: